Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Ice is back with a brand new invention

For this year's Fourth of July taste test, I decided to make up my very own entry into the competition - Vanilla Sea Salt Ice Cream. I had a bunch of vanilla sea salt leftover from the wedding cupcakes that I did recently, and for some reason the idea of ice cream popped in my head.

I looked on the internet and the only previous reference was to the Kingdom of Hearts video game. I don't even know what that is, which is odd considering I hear Disney is involved. (Someone revoke my Nerd Badge.) Anyway, turns out the maker of that game had tasted Sea Salt Ice Cream during a trip to Tokyo Disney Seas - oddly enough I remembered that I had tried the same thing when I was there ten years ago! How could you not, it sounds so intriguing...

So I tried my own recipe and it came out pretty good! I got some 'great!'s and one 'not good'. Everyone else was silent. Hm. I thought it was salty-sweet, in the best possible way.

Vanilla Sea Salt Ice Cream recipe

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bully said...

Best post title ever!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 6:31:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

ok, maybe this is too much like back to the future for me but I keep thinking the salt will melt the ice cream but also help it set more quickly so it can melt sooner...

yeah, I'm not allowed to watch back to the future with anyone either.

I don't know that I'd like that. for the the salty/sweet loses something when dairy's involved. but that's just me.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger chad said...

When are you going to get an RSS feed?

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 3:47:00 PM  
Blogger Bree said...

why the hell do I know every song in your posts titles? Ha! Lovin your blog:)
I can't cook from scratch but I can follow the sh** out of a recipe so I think I will give this one a try.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 8:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home