Thursday, August 20, 2009

Alice: Of all the silly nonsense, this is the stupidest tea party I've ever been to in all my life.

The Kid LOVES yogurt. Which is good that he's getting something in him since he now despises meat. It wouldn't be a bad thing except that he has all these health problems because of it. Just eat the damn meat, kid.

So I find myself with a lot of yogurt in the house. I'm not really a fan but I often want to cook with it since it makes such nice moist cakes. I decided to throw together some yogurt cupcakes, but with a twist. A nice green ribbon twist to be exact.

I used strawberry yogurt mixed with green tea matcha to get the prettiest little pink and green cupcakes ever. However, I must admit...I cheated. I added two drops of pink food coloring cause the strawberry yogurt just wasn't giving me that pink Pantone color that I so desired. Designers. Never satisfied.

I love they way they came out - and the MOST important thing - moist and tasty. They'd make some gorgeous cupcakes for a shower, too bad this has NOTHING to do with my color scheme for the upcoming party. Phooey!

Strawberry Green Tea Cupcakes

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger bethany actually said...

"Designers. Never satisfied."

I laughed out loud at that. :-)

Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:12:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

'Wot you mean, "he don't eat meat". He don't eat meat? Is okay, I make lamb!"

Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Calee said...

Do you think I could swap out the strawberry for blueberry with a little blue food coloring goodness and make some baby boy shower cupcakes?

Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@calee Absolutely! You can even leave the green tea out altogether.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:21:00 PM  
Blogger NikiTheo said...

You know, when I was a vegetarian, I ended up becoming anemic, having protein deficiencies, etc etc etc... hopefully he'll grow out of it, but if not, there are some GREAT cookbooks out there that have recipes for vegetarians but don't have all tofu and soy ingredients that a kid might turn up his nose to...

Friday, August 21, 2009 6:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

LOL at Robin's comment. What do you mean the stupidest tea party ever?

Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@lorraine It's just a quote from Alice in Wonderland. She's frustrated by the Mad Hatter's tea party.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:20:00 PM  
Anonymous anna said...

These are too cute! LOVE the colors! I often add food coloring to things that I'd hopes would be colorful enough on their own. There's no shame in it as long as you don't go overboard! At least matcha doesn't need any help in the color department.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:47:00 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

those are some crazy cupcakes...

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home