Tuesday, August 04, 2009

deez nuts

I LOVE me some donuts, as you know. So when there was word out that there was a new kind of donut in town? Well, I was skeptical. I had to try it of course.

Beach City Baked donuts are just what they say, baked. True, they are 'healthier' and don't have that glorious glaze and sprinkle-y look to them, but you know what? They are darn tasty. These treats are low on the sugar and more on the dry cake side, which actually works believe it or not.

The display is a little...too perfect. I mean, none of this line of oil-floating-let's gorge ourselves Krispy Kreme assembly line here. In fact the donut makers look suspiciously similar to my own....hm. Why didn't I think of this business??

The donuts are a bit pricey but their flavors are different that's for sure: Kinako (soybean), Cocoa, Honey, Green Tea, Earl Grey. I think our favorite was the Cinnamon Sugar, only because the cake is so...plain (?) that is really needed that extra something.
The kids liked them but announced that they'd rather have 'real' donuts. I hear them, but I think I am a convert. There's something lovely about eating these as a midmorning snack. The owners offered me a free cup of their house iced tea, which was fantastic and went great with the cake-y donut.

Most important is that there is a ramp that leads to the front door which makes the perfect runway for a Robo-Baby. That alone makes the kids want to go back. I'll be back for more cinnamon sugar donuts, thanks. Yum.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

A baked donut? And it works? Ahh I wish I could it!

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:39:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Nothing like a baked donut and Robo-Baby! :)

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 4:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

I hollered at the title!

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 6:25:00 AM  
Anonymous amanda said...

jenn!

did you see that two of your fave things have come together?

small paul is now at target for half the price!

http://www.target.com/b/177-8983757-6895851?node=1297827011&ref=tgt_adv_XSHA3648&AFID=googlestr&CPNG=paulfrank&LNM=paul_frank&LID=

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

I'm so there! Thanks for the tip!

Monday, August 10, 2009 10:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home