Monday, August 03, 2009

Let's have some fun this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick

Oh come on. Once these things hit the internet you must have known that everyone and their mother was going to attempt them. Well my mother doesn't bake, so I'm on my own.

Now the concept of Pie on a Stick is just about the cutest darn idea ever - HOWEVER, it just doesn't work for me. There is just way too much...pie. The crust to filling ratio is impossible to get right since they are so small. It's just a dough-pop. Still, it was fun to make and aren't they just the cutest?Recently I bought an azz-ton of cherries. The Baby LOVES them, but there's no way he could eat 5 pounds, even if watching him do so would be pure entertainment. I even bought him his very own cherry chomper pitter, which he just loves, and little does he know - is being extremely helpful to me.So with all those cherries, I thought they'd be perfect for the pie filling. Little did I know I'd ONLY use 1/2 teaspoon in each one. Look for more recipes on here that use up all that damn cherry pie filling...

You know me - I only bake from scratch, so I made up a quick pie crust. If you don't have time I'm sure a pre-made one would work, I have no idea. In the end, they are the world's cutest thing, but I think I'll have to work on the proportions a bit more. Also...pumpkin pie on a stick sounds delicious...

Cherry Pie Filling
Pie on a Stick How-to

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

They were pretty good despite the lack of pie filling. Thanks, Jenn!

Monday, August 03, 2009 6:18:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Where did you get that cute cherry chomper pitter?

Cute idea Jenn!

Monday, August 03, 2009 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger La Pixie said...

I must be out of the loop, since I havent seen the pies on a stick. I love this idea, and I will be attempting my own soon. prolly this weekend. do you have a pie crust recipe?

Monday, August 03, 2009 9:09:00 AM  
Blogger Chessie said...

These are adorable! Also, pumpkin pie on a stick sounds awesome!

Monday, August 03, 2009 12:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home