Friday, January 01, 2010

Complicating, circulating
New life, new life

2009 was bad to the last drop. Finally, as I awoke on the morning of 2010, I felt...ok. I felt healthier, more alive...and maybe, possibly, hopeful? Perhaps it was two full days of cooking that gave me some sort of release - because that's what I did to get all of this done for New Year's Day:

I complain about it, but after I open my eyes from a haze of soy sauce and mochi - it always makes me happy to watch people eat the food I've made, and have a good time. True, I totally went overboard as I do every year. I'm going to scale back next year, I swear. Maybe my resolution (I never make any) should be to cook less...hm.

I invited a small group of people this year, mostly friends who had kids all around the same age. The idea was that kids would play together, that of course never happens until they are about to head out the door then suddenly they want to be friends. Too late, kids!

I had a craft table set up for them where we all somehow ended up covered in stickers, and I always like to have special treats for the kids, so I had GIANT POCKYto really send them into a sugar frenzy. 2010 is doin' Pocky up BIG, what what!In addition to all that food I also had a dessert table full of goodies. If you can't ring in the new year fat and happy, then what's the point? I'm feeling good about this year, then again, maybe I'm just in a food coma...

Check out the full menu and some of the recipes, here.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger msdina said...

How much in advance do you make your Spam musubi? I've always wondered that. I've made it before, more like small rolls and the rice has gone hard.

Saturday, January 02, 2010 12:05:00 AM  
Anonymous P. said...

You are the batsh*t craziest party planner ever. I mean that in the nicest way possible. You got mad skillz, lady.

Saturday, January 02, 2010 2:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

Looks awesome! Happy New Year!

Here's to staying out of the ER and short lines at Disneyland!

Saturday, January 02, 2010 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. My wish is for you to have a happier and healthier '10!

Saturday, January 02, 2010 1:11:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

I think we are all ready for a better 2010! I know I am!

Saturday, January 02, 2010 2:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is quite a spread! I love how you display everything and put little signs in the dishes.

Happy New Year!
-Kasey

Saturday, January 02, 2010 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@msdina I make the spam musubi in the morning and then saran wrap it until right before the party.

Saturday, January 02, 2010 7:40:00 PM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

Wow, I'm impressed! Have a great 2010!

Saturday, January 02, 2010 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

Looks wonderful. Hope 2010 is good to you all!

Saturday, January 02, 2010 11:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home