Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Don't make me feel any colder, time is like a clock in my heart

Whenever I have a party I tend to over-buy on the Hawaiian sweet bread rolls. Perhaps it's because I know we will always eat them. The Kid takes them in his school lunch, we have them for breakfast toasted with butter - they are just good to have around.

This time I had an entire bag left - and since it was sitting out during the party, it was nice and hard. Ew, right? I was going to toss it, but technically they were still good, just that they had the life sucked out of them by being dried out by the air.

So I thought I'd cut it up and made a quick Baked French Toast out of it. Perfect for...dinner. Yes, we are eating breakfast for dinner again. The kids have no idea what time it is anymore. I'm sure this is what is screwing up the Baby's sleep schedule.

He has been staying up later and later, no urge to sleep AT. ALL. You know the drill. He pretends he is thirsty and needs water. Then he needs a different pillow. Then he needs to change his shirt. Then he needs to describe which Batman outfit is for which activity. Whatever. Not fallin' for it. So I hold my breath, trying not to get angry (TRYING). Turning off the lights, rudely ignoring him, just hoping for him to sleep.

Since I draw at night he sometimes just gives up and crashes out on the ground next to my desk. It's dark so for fun I put orange cones around him. HAW. Screwing with your kids while they are sleeping, ah the fun of parenting.

I remember being a kid and wanting to stay up late too. I thought there was so much action going on. Not really. Sleep is precious. I shoulda just caught my zzz's when I had the time.

Baked Sweet Bread French Toast recipe, here.
Maple Syrup Bacon recipe, here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

that french toast looks SO good. one of my favorite breakfast places in huntington beach does hawaiian bread french toast. mmm.

and yeah, i wish i had slept more when young, too. if i'd only known what kind of degrees i would be getting...

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 12:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

I LOVE hawaiian rolls and shall be trying this recipe out!

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 5:58:00 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

That french toast is making me so hungry at the moment!

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 7:01:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Putting the cones around him then taking a picture- hilarious! I would totally do that too.

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 7:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Dawn C. said...

I love everything about this post, but especially the cones. :)

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 8:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home