Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dwight: What weapon?
Andy: My bare hands.
Dwight: That is stupid. I will use a sword and cut off your bare hands.

When the Kid decided on the 'knight birthday' instead of Star Wars I really had to stop and rethink things. I had ideas of fantastic flavors for cupcakes I could make when the Kid said, "I want a chocolate cupcake. Vanilla frosting. That's it." I tried to change his mind he said, "It's my birthday. That's what I want." Hello cranky. Apparently turning 6 is like having a mid-life crisis, you want what you want.Fine. Boring. So I came up with a chocolate cupcake (similar to the vanilla ones I made for O.G. - hooray for chocolate milk!) and topped it with vanilla buttercream. I found this HUGE bag of swords from Surfas for $4.95, and while I was thinking about doing something with fondant - I passed. After all there were only 4 kids coming to this 'party' so I thought, eh - they'll just be happy with the swords. And they were - but now I have swords for days. What in the world am I going to do with all of them??

The cupcake turned out great and the Kid was SO HAPPY, which was all I wanted. Our server - I mean 'wench' (don't get me started) at Medieval Times was really impressed with the cupcakes for some reason, and said she'd never seen anything like them. She needs to stop being a wench and get out more.

Chocolatey cupcackes recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Don't you have some yummy party food you put on toothpicks? Maybe the swords can work for that.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with the wench...those are super cute! Leave it to you to turn a "boring" request into something super chic and clever!
A mom in my class packs really cute lunches for her kid. She often puts tiny little rolls of salami on swords that look just like that!
-Kasey

Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

You can use the swords for cocktails, yummy appetizers or in lunches -- I'm sure the Kid would get a kick out of some grapes or cherry tomatoes speared on those little swords! And Baby could get meat cubes or something (forget how unappetizing "meat cubes" sounds, okay?)...

Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Sampson said...

Really effective material, thanks so much for the post.
newport oregon beach rentals | car vinyl decals | gotham realty hoboken

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Pierce said...

check this

check this

links

link

links

links

check this

check this

here

Monday, January 16, 2012 8:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Barnard said...

So, I do not really believe it will have effect.
crotchless pantyhose | netbooks review | universities in Illinois

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home