Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Dwight:Michael would like trick candles for his birthday cake, so make that a priority.
Phyllis: Where do we get those?
Dwight: Not my problem.

Today is O.G.'s 89th birthday. I took her to breakfast and told her she could choose anywhere she wanted and I wouldn't complain. (That was probably the real present right there, me not complaining.) She chose IHOP, which I am kind of EH about, but whatever THIS IS ME NOT COMPLAINING.
So we headed there to which she said, 'Wow! They make good pancakes!' Hello, we weren't at the International House of Steaks, of course they'd make good pancakes, why is this a shock?

After that I was all set to take her home when she decided 'Hey let's exercise and go for a walk.' Lord. I don't walk anywhere I own a car. Of course this is also why she is a spry 89 years old and I am almost half dead in my 30s.

Luckily she just wanted to walk around the local farmer's market. That works for me. It was 75 degrees in January, so the weather was perfect. The flowers were in bloom and the fruit was gorgeous. I know the rest of the country is in a deep freeze, but here by the beach we are livin' large.

At the end of the day she just wanted me to stay and hang out. As much as she hates her birthday I know that she is particularly lonely since my Grandpa died. I was happy to sit with her and let her enjoy her birthday. As long as exercise wasn't involved. Screw that.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Wakeful D said...

Happy birthday to the Original Grandma! Hip hop hooray! (Yes, I meant for that song to get stuck in your head)

Thursday, January 07, 2010 6:26:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

That's my kind of birthday!

Thursday, January 07, 2010 6:33:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

H to the B, O.G.!

Thursday, January 07, 2010 6:55:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Happy Birthday OG! Looks like you two had a great day!

Thursday, January 07, 2010 7:58:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba38 said...

Best granddaughter ever!

Thursday, January 07, 2010 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Happy B-Day O.G.! Strawberries in January are an awesome birthday treat.

Thursday, January 07, 2010 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

That's really sweet! I miss my Granny *sniff*.

Thursday, January 07, 2010 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Go O.G.! In spite of your differences at times, you obviously love her very much and are an amazing granddaughter. You are both very lucky!

Thursday, January 07, 2010 1:48:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Birthday O.G.!

Thursday, January 07, 2010 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Happy Birthday O.G.!

Saturday, January 09, 2010 9:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home