Monday, January 18, 2010

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

This weekend I woke up the morning of the Kid's birthday and realized...I had nothing planned.

Sure we went out with his friends the night before, but there's something about the day OF your birthday that should probably be a little more special. I didn't want to go over the top this year. He's in a new school, and after all - he's SIX now, Mommy going overboard with parties is sooo 2009. I mean...hm. Oh well. What can I say, I love party planning.

Anyway, I decided to make him a cake, quick like - and I remembered that I had a Darth Vader candle holder (where the candle take the place of a lightsaber, hilarious). I put together a vanilla cake but it seemed boring, so I mixed in some colors and turned it into a rainbow cake.I added some lettering - again, very quick, all this was done on a whim - and there you have it. A birthday fit for a Dark Lord. A really happy rainbow-loving Dark Lord, I guess.

Letter stenciling how-to, here.
Rainbow Cake how-to, here.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home