Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm the King of the world!

While I thought about having a big party for the Kid's 6th birthday, it seemed like a better idea to let him choose a couple of friends and do something 'special'. With sickness and the holidays, I just wanted to ease off the parties and do something that he'd really enjoy.
Note: I said that HE'D really enjoy. After a lot of research, he decided to invite 4 good friends to go to Medieval Times. Yikes. My main problem with the place of course? No utensils. Ugh. Eating alongside animals AND having to use my hands? My worst nightmare.

However, if you sign your kid up online you get a free ticket on their birthday - not a bad deal! Not only that, I got super cheap tickets for everyone else on goldstar.com which made it very do-able.

The dinner was surprisingly good - the menu consisted of tomato soup, garlic bread, a LARGE HALF a chicken, ribs, potatoes and a pastry. I was shocked that the Kid ate a little of everything. Even though the food was good, I could still not get over the eating with my hands bit - and smuggled in spoons at least for my homemade dessert. Heh.

Since it was at a restaurant, there wasn't much for me to do so I made some cupcakes and packed up a goodie bag for the kids. There were only 4 of them, so I did it up BIG - foam shields and axes! Very knight-tastic. The shields were from Michael's and trust me, with two siblings fighting in the house, shields are a necessity - and I lucked out and found the axes at Target for only ONE DOLLAR. How could I pass it up?

I also put together a bag of play-doh, candies and of course my fave: GIANT POCKY. I put more than two of everything in there because I know that when you go home, there are always jealous siblings who didn't get invited to the party. Why not share the wealth and avoid a fight, I say.

The show was really entertaining. The kids were amazed that everything was happening right in front of them and they couldn't wait for 'more fighting'. Something about eating with your hands that makes you go wild, I guess.

The one downer of the night, the Baby was SICK. I mean vomit-y, like crazy sick. It was terrible. He missed out on the whole show. Fighting, animals and tons of meat to eat - all of his favorite things, and he got none of it, poor kid.

On the upside, never have I see the Kid so darn happy. He was with his friends, watching a show, cheering loudly, and just the happiest I've ever seen him. Being 6 is going to be pretty awesome.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Good times! Did the Kid's knight win? (Not that it matters...it's still fun!)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:42:00 PM  
Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

I mean this in the nicest way possible - do you guys get to do a free birthday thing every week or what? I'm just jealous because you live somewhere with a 'little' ahem culture....me on the other hand.....

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Age 6 rocks!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Woodsy said...

Hilarious!! Did you go last night? Felix and his family went last night too, to celebrate his nephew's b-day!! How funny!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger a n n e said...

Giant Pocky!!!!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home