Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I’m smooth like that
I jive like that
I roll like that

So...I'm toothless. An old filling gave way after all these years and took half of my tooth with it. I believe this was the cause of my pain for months last year - one that the dentist MIS-diagnosed as 'stress'. Oh well.

There was no saving this thing, so surgery was in order. Major surgery. I was awake for the whole thing, and let's just say I prefer that dentists do not give a play by play when they are cracking your tooth and pulling it out by the root, thanks.

I'm supposed to be taking it easy on the tooth though I am craving tacos like mad. It just so happens the Kid is on a smoothie kick lately and offered to draw me up a recipe right quick. I went to get the blender and when I turned around he'd sketched out every detail that I was to follow for the perfect smoothie. That boy is fast.

Following his exact instructions, the recipe came out pretty darn good. Now I need him to make me something that tastes like a taco. My poor toof.

The Kid's Berry Smoothie recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kt said...

Feel better - that sounds painful!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:57:00 AM  
Blogger traan said...

OMG, my bottom back tooth also cracked this weekend (about a fourth of it to the filling), but I'm not seeing my dentist until Friday. I hope that it doesn't result in a tooth removal, though! Hope you feel better!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:17:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Hope you're able to eat tacos soon!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:05:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

Oh, I fear this - and unfortunately, it's a somewhat reasonable fear. Hope you are healed and back to tacos soon. (Why not start with soft tacos?)

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Your boys should open a barbecue and smoothie restaurant.

Also, you should never be awake for that type of surgery...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home