Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kenneth: "Mr. Baker wants to do everything for himself. I feel about as useless as a mom's college degree."

Ok. It's Thursday. I've got nothing to say. It's probably this pounding in my head from my darn tooth, and I only have two painkillers left. Calgon, take me away.



I have pie on the brain and in my mind have been coming up with a lot of recipes. I saw this thing and loved it purely for the name: Pie Gate. What.

Pie Gate!!! Get off my lawn, I've got a pie gate and I'm not afraid to use it!



Some very exciting news - you can now find justJENN designs stationery at The Local Collection in the Glendale Galleria!

The Local Collection is a concept store within the mall, directly across from Nordstrom. It is filled with hand picked local designers who were chosen for their unique style and designs. It's an honor to be selected for this new venture, stop by when in you're in GlenDALLLE - and take a look. Shop locally! You can read more about the Local Collection, here.





Ok, my favorite cookie in the world is the Black and White. They are more like cakes in texture than cookies - which is probably why I adore them, so. The ones from New York are the best, but you CAN make them yourself at home. I promise.

Lately several friends of mine have been making them and they are all doing the same thing - frosting the wrong side of the cookie. It doesn't make sense in your brain, since cookies are always rounded, but the fact is, the side that is to be iced is the bottom, or the flat side. And they sort of rest on their little round bottoms.

So after you bake them, you FLIP THEM OVER to frost. One side of the flat side with a white icing. The other side of the flat side with a chocolate icing. Whatever. Just bring them over, I'll eat them all.

Mini Black and White cookies how-to, here.




Along with those random thoughts I leave you with a picture of an ice cream sandwich from MILK. Delicious ice cream sandwiched between two huge macarons (love) dipped in chocolate. Yes...I ate it for breakfast.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn.Hogg said...

I would totally eat that for breakfast!!

Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

What a great tip! I remember the one time I made them that the icing slid down the sides. I might make some this weekend.

Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Wrong side, right side, they all end up in the same place anyway.

Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Ku said...

I am supposed to be on bed rest due to my crappy flu-cold whatever it is and being preggie but MY GOD. When I lived in Denver with my ex. He took me to a place called NY Deli News. I fell in love with the huge sandwiches (that I still crave) and of course monstrous cake-like black & white cookies! I have been so afraid to make them myself for fear they will not taste or have the same texture as the ones there. But you took that and turned it into my ultimate cookie/snack/thing. Omg. lol!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home