Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lemon Week: Day 1

I woke up one morning and there on my porch was a bag with a mysterious note. Before I could shake my fist and yell 'You meddling kids!' I noticed that inside the bag were lemons. Turns out just like last year, the Lemon Fairy left me a freakin' huge bag of lemons.

I simply can't let these go. I can't let them rot or just put them down the disposal - this stuff is liquid gold. I MUST use them. I WILL use them. Therefore, this...is LEMON WEEK. Think of it as 24, but 5 days, and no Grandpa Bauer, and with lemons. Ok, it's not like 24 at all.

The first recipe is an easy one and a useful one - lemon sugar. You'll be amazed at how much this adds to your baking. I know, it's kind of a weak 'recipe', but hey, I've got to get through 5 more days of this. Stay tuned...

Lemon Sugar recipe, here.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

OH OH OH, please make some lemon cupcakes and do picture of LIZ LEMON on them!

Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:27:00 PM  
Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

Hmmmm - that's not like Bingo Pajama throwing beets through the window - is it? Sorry for the double post.

Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

worse comes to worst and you just. can't. eat. another. lemon. thing, wash 'em, zest 'em, and juice 'em. The zest and juice freeze fabulously. Spoken by a person who formerly had a meyer lemon tree and misses it sorely.

Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Holy Crap! I was going to post "ASK JAMI" cuz she had the most awesomest Meyer Lemon tree. (We rocked that tree down to the bare limbs....it took several years to recuperate and deliver a full fruiting.)

Jami has an amazing lemonade recipe. We made and drank gallons of it during a three-day visit I made to LA when her Bug was born (hence the tree stripped bare). Plus - add in some Stoli Blueberi vodka and some ice and throw the whole thing in a blender and you have a smoothie to take away ALL your toothaches and pains.

She also has the definitive lemon bar recipe...

Monday, February 01, 2010 6:57:00 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Nice! Especially since I was recently asked to make lemon bars for Superbowl Sunday (an odd request, but my sister and I always get stuck with dessert duty!)...

Monday, February 01, 2010 8:46:00 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

This is great! I have lots of lemons and now have 2 lemon recipes. The lemon sponge pie I made last week and lemon sugar. I will be following these lemon recipes for more! Coolio!

Monday, February 01, 2010 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home