Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Lemon Week: Day 3

The Lemon Fairy gifted me with a TON of lemons. Therefore: it's Lemon Week!



Ah, the crock pot. I lovehow it fills the house will wonderful smells, making you hungry all day long. So comforting.

Chicken and lemons go really well together - don't think of lemons as sour, because if you add just the right amount of spices and flavors to temper the citrus you get a really nice savory dinner. I decided that a nice stew was order - due to it being Stormwatch and all. The cuffs of my pants got wet I think that calls for a 911 emergency around here.

This is a super simple recipe, just chicken and veggies, stewing all day long. It makes for a very moist, soft chicken and I have to say the kids Ate. It. Up. They loved it, which of course means they'll hate it next week, but for right now, I'm taking this a win.

Lemon Chicken Stew recipe, here.

*I do not have a good picture for this recipe - sometimes eating is more important than pictures (really?) - so instead here is a video of the Kid reading from Bully the Little Stuffed Bull's book when he comes across something very familiar...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bully said...

That got just the response I'd hoped it would! YAYYYYY

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Must make this. Yum!

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

That book is making me hungry...I want it!

Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home