Friday, February 19, 2010

Rainbow connection

I've been hosting a lot of playdates recently, mostly because the Kid does better one and one and for the Baby, his friends are all getting ready to split for kindergarten so their time together is short.

When the kids come over it's all about play time - so I try to make up a fun snack that they can eat quickly and have fun with - but then go right back to playing Legos.

A while ago the I had the boys write down all the foods they could think of - according to color. It was a fun exercise, and I saved the list just for a use like this. Of course I ended leaving out a lot of them from the tray because lord knows the kids aren't going to touch purple eggplant during a playdate. I mean, I was wishin' with the spinach as it was. (No one touched it.)

The kids who came over thought it was so much fun, and they tried a lot of new things they wouldn't have otherwise!

Rainbow Snack Tray how-to, here.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn @ BentoForKidlet said...

That's a wonderful idea for playdate snacks! I'm going to have to use that this afternoon when Kidlet's friends come over and are of course starving :D

Friday, February 19, 2010 1:03:00 PM  
Anonymous dave -nibbleanibble said...

So colorful. I would imagine that the kids loved it very much.

Friday, February 19, 2010 2:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be a kid in your house.
-Kasey

Friday, February 19, 2010 5:17:00 PM  
OpenID tasty said...

You are the coolest mom EVER! I love this idea.

Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger joanh said...

fun.. great idea

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home