Wednesday, February 17, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

If someone asked you, 'What is your favorite food?' what would you say? It always takes me a minute to answer this. What do I feel like eating at that moment? You mean if it was my last meal? Does dessert count?

In school the Baby was supposed to write down and draw his favorite food. Without a moment's hesitation his answer was RIBS. This boy was a born carnivore.

He truly does love ribs and asks me to make it for dinner all the time. It's not the cheapest of things to buy but when you consider how much it costs when you go out to a restaurant to get ribs, making them at home is fairly easy and can be really flavorful.

I've made ribs with dry rub, on the grill, in the crock pot, but I wanted to come up with something saucy and in the oven, so I could just let it cook and not worry about it for a few hours. The ribs came out perfect, soft, fall of the bone delicious. The Baby ate 'em up.

Now let's talk about our favorite animals. Well - for the Baby it's quite obviously an easy tie between the Bald Eagle and the Stag Beetle...who's with me? What. The Hell. Don't most normal kids choose Cat or Bear? Where does he come up with this stuff?

BBQ Ribs for the oven recipe, here.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

The Baby is an original thinker.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Kate said...

So you don't have that much time to make ribs, right? Have you tried the Gourmet recipe for Chinese Babyback Ribs in just one hour?

They are freaking awesome, not kidding.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chinese-Barbecued-Baby-Back-Ribs-240581

Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home