Friday, April 09, 2010

Whip it good

I had seen a Whipped Cream Cake before, and it intrigued me. A cake with no butter or oil? Huh. I had to try it but I didn't like the ingredients laid out in the recipes that I had found, so I made up my own.

Since O.G. LOVES plain ol' white cake, she ate it unfrosted and thought it was great until I told her there was no butter in it. She suggested I add it since EVERYTHING can benefit from butter, apparently.

For the rest of us sane people, I frosted the cupcakes with my favorite Coffee Buttercream Frosting. It was the perfect match and since the cake was so light I felt like I could eat a dozen by myself. Dangerous, dangerous stuff.

Whipped Cream Cupcakes recipe, here.

Coffee Buttercream Frosting recipe, here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home