Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Alllloha!

Last week I had the very important task of assisting in the world's cutest first birthday. It was a Hawaiian theme, complete with a catered shave ice stand! Perfect for summer!

My favorite thing is SNACKS so I also got to set up a snack table for guests to come take their pick of 'local' treats:

Li Hing candies, kaki mochi, Pocky, kimi boro balls, Diamond animal cookies and sour apple candies. I also made some chocolate dipped marshmallow pops as well. Heaven!

I made little customizable tags for treat bags to scoop their snacks into - so they could snack all day and if they laid down the bag, they could find it again.

The food was catered by King's Hawaiian and it was fantastic, spam musubi, kalua pig, beef skewers, chicken, rice, mac salad, mini sliders, hot dogs. AMAZING food. It was a total feast!

For dessert there was King's Paradise cake (what else?) but I also made up some cupcakes to look like......real shave ice! How real did it look? No one ate them. WHAT. People thought they were fake and were wondering why the ice wasn't melting. It's sugar, people!!

Reluctantly people started eating them and were shocked to find out it was an honest to goodness cupcake. Sheesh! Since my kids are used to me making food that is fake looking - they spent no time in picking out the ones they wanted.

It was an amazing party with great food and friends!

Shave Ice Cupcake how-to, here.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger bethany actually said...

Those cupcakes are fantastic! I bet the spoons and straws stuck in them just threw everyone off. :-)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes are awesome! You had me fooled until I read they were cupcakes! Love your set-up of the treats, too!!!
-K

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 3:26:00 PM  
Anonymous alibaba39 said...

All this and Comic-Con too! You are amazing Jenn. That's too funny that no one was eating then, they look great!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:12:00 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Love those shave ice cupcakes - wow! What an incredible 1st birthday party.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Love, love, love this!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Renee said...

I love Fake Snowcone Cupcakes! Did I show you my fave purchase at Comic Con?!? There was a fake food BOOTH, and I bought a bunch of Fake Cookies By Design style Cookies. My sister was like What are you doing with those srsly?!?

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Ronda said...

When I grow up, I want to be just like you. xoxoxo

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Kirbie said...

You are so creative! I don't know how you come up with this stuff. Love the shaved ice cupcake idea..Something to keep in mind when I have kids.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:32:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

wow!!!!
i love your cupcakes...very very creative!! from the pictures i thought it was real shave ice too...
i wish i ate at that party...

Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I've been MIA from the blogoshere, then I come back to this! Fan-freakin-tastic! I saw the 1st pic and thought, wow, those would have melted here in 2 seconds flat. Everything looks delicious!

Saturday, July 31, 2010 3:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home