Thursday, July 08, 2010

Baby don't sweat it, you're not cut out to hold a job. Better forget it, who wants their hair done by a slob?

Ok fine. I'm a bad mother. Since we take O.G. to get her hair done every week, I thought - what the heck, I'll get the Baby's hair cut there too, so I could kill two long-haired birds with one stone. The Baby took one look around and said, "THERE'S NOTHING BUT OLD LADIES HERE." Er.

He was right. This was an old skool beauty salon. So old, that they had those dryer chairs - and not just for a 'retro feel,' for every day use. It was like a step back in time, I expected Frankie Avalon to drop down from the sky at any moment.

The Baby - sensing this was a 'girls only place'- resisted, but I did as any good mother would and bribed the heck out of him to get him in the chair. He wanted a Kung Zhu Zhu Pet (WTF. Why are those popular?) but I negotiated with pluots and he agreed. It was worth it - I got the hair cut for less than HALF what the kid's salon cost me!

When we were leaving the beauty salon, the Baby pointed to something and said, "What's that?" That's an ASHTRAY, son. sigh. You know you're old when kids ask about things that don't exist anymore...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Dee said...

The bit about the ashtray made me laugh so hard I now have to clean up my keyboard. Uh.....whoops! Thanks for the AM laugh.....

Thursday, July 08, 2010 6:39:00 AM  
Blogger daci jaye said...

I also laughed at the ashtray comment! A similar thing happened to me recently. My husband's little brother - he's 12 - was riding in our car, which still has old school roll down windows. My husband asked him to roll down his window and he could not figure out why there was no button...

Thursday, July 08, 2010 2:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home