Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard, to give the poor dog a bone: When she came there, the cupboard was bare, and so the poor dog had none.

Economic recovery - not so much. The only job offers I am getting are emails asking me to be on Cupcake Wars. Sorry, 1000 cupcakes in 2 hours - No. Way.

And with no job, and no money I am Old Mother Hubbard 2010, so I have to make do with what I have, which means stocking the pantry with essentials. My freezer is full, (lord help me if there is a power outage) and salmon filets is one of my standbys - they are one of the best things to have on hand.

I found an awesome Ina Garten recipe for salmon with just FOUR ingredients, I didn't think you could get so much flavor with so little. She never lets me down, that Ina.

The kids love this recipe and can't get enough, which is a good thing since I'm convinced salmon is brain food and will help make them baby geniuses. Now to convince the Baby to harness that power for GOOD...

Grilled salmon recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Carolina said...

Hi Jen !!!
I know its not A&Q time, but i have a ton of chicken of the sea salmon, you know the salmon that comes in..umm envelopes ? any idea in how can i use alll that fishhh...

BTW i love your blog, i found it while i was searching "cupcakes" in google and i ve been reading all your previuos post since then , dont be scared im not a stocker... i live far away in mexico lol (and yes i eat tacos like every hour ,envy me)

Buh Bye!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger e said...

you would SO WIN cupcake wars!

althou...you'd have to sacrifice a bit of your perfectionism for the final 1000 cupcake push....ok. Maybe not the best competition for you but you'd kick those kids asses!

Thursday, July 22, 2010 2:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home