Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hele on

I went to Hawaii for a few days. It was sorta last minute, not very planned out - I didn't spend much time with family or friends, but what I did do? Was eat. And eat. And eat some more.

I went every place I could think of, so many new foods and new places. But I also visited some of my old faves - which thank goodness are still around. All this eating and tasting helped me come up with cool new recipes I hope to make soon. If there was a way to fit more than 3 meals in a day, I made it happen.

These are just SOME of the places I went to - I may go into detail soon, but for now - just pictures. Man, am I stuffed.

'Obama' shave ice (I guess he ordered these flavors) cherry, lime & lilikoi from Waiola Shave Ice

Root Beer mochi ice cream and Multiple Orgasm ice cream pie from Bubbies

Lemon Crunch Cake from Aiea Bowl

Root beer (see a trend?) shave ice w/mochi balls and ice cream from Ice Garden

Fried Ahi Belly plate lunch from Nicos (featured on Diners, Drive Inns and Dives)

Mochiquito! Mikawaya is L.A. based but I've never seen this! TOO CUTE.

Hello Kitty shaped mochi!! From the Sanrio Cafe - loved it.
See more of my visit to the Sanrio Cafe, here.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Chessie said...

OMG! The root beer and mochi shave ice looks so good!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:45:00 PM  
Blogger CarolynA said...

Aloha Jenn, I'm on Oahu and would have loved to have met you and taken you to some of my favorite food places...Diamond Head Bakery, Tango Cafe, 3660 on the Rise. Hope you will continue your blog, look forward to reading it everyday.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

I'm jealous...
looks like it was a great trip!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

How exactly did I have no idea you were in Hawaii?!

At first I thought Bubbie's was a funny name for a Hawaiian dessert place, but then I read their about page and it makes sense. Bubbie=grandma in Yiddish!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
I too live in Hawaii like CarolynA. Same here I would have loved to have met you to and I look forward to reading your blog daily. Keep u the great work.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Love Bubbie's. First place I ever had green tea ice cream. Yum!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Rodney said...

Hi, Jenn~

If you liked the Soy Bean Dish that Roy's made, you should have stopped at the Foodland Seafood Department in Hawaii Kai while you were in Hawaii!!! They make the best, ono-licious Soy Bean Poke. It's not a fish dish, but the soy beans are seasoned like the fish poke.

Aloha,

Lynn

Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:13:00 PM  
Anonymous poppy said...

Aiea Bowl--classic!

Friday, August 27, 2010 8:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home