Thursday, August 12, 2010

You say yes, I say no, you say stop and I say go, go, go

The comments I receive most often are "I love how clean your designs are." What can I say, I don't like fuss, I like simplicity. I think a lot can be conveyed with very little and it's also a lot harder than it looks to do things 'clean' - like. You can't hide mistakes.

Hello Kitty designs are a big influence for me because they do so much with such simple lines and colors, and the designs are timeless.

I wanted to make make some easy fondant toppers using plain white fondant - so I busted out my Tippy and Cathy cookie cutters. Yes, those are the bear and bunny's names. What? Yes, I know entirely too much info about the life of Hello Kitty and Sanrio.

In fact, if I had a crystal ball - I'd tell you that there was Hello Kitty shaped mochi in my future. That is the best future anyone would ask for.

Anyway - plain white fondant and a simple cookie cutter was so easy compared to last week's over the top Superhero cupcakes. It was kind of nice to not hand carve intricate details for once. The results were subtle but very cute!

Hello Kitty - Tippy & Cathy Cupcakes how-to, here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kirbie said...

I've been wondering what their names are!! Thanks for the info. Hello Kitty mochi??? *squeal* I can't wait to see your results.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

speaking of hello kitty... we just discovered her show on hulu... adorable! the kids LOVE IT! (especially the 'cat wars' episode)

Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home