Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I told you that I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin.

Magnolia Bakery is well known on the East Coast - mostly due to a boost from Sex in the City back in the day, and of course...Lazy Sunday.

I've been to the New York stores and now L.A. finally has an outpost of this adorable bakery. Since theFoodLibrarian has never been, she was more than willing to go down and check it out.

What I like about it is that it's not JUST cupcakes - there are cakes, pastries, muffins - so many things it's overwhelming to look at. Personally I think they have the best vanilla cupcake around - but I was feeling the need to try some of the other items.

Luckily there were two of us, because bought ourselves a big ol' sampler. We got 3 cupcakes, a lemon bar, a cinnamon muffin, and a blueberry crumble.

Yes...we ate bites of it all. Remember, we're old hat at eating LOTS of pastries. The place is pastel and pretty and just, well - lovely. My gripe would be that there is no seating. I like to eat my pastries immediately, but maybe that's just me.

It's right there on Third, an easy stop if you are out for the day shopping!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home