Wednesday, September 01, 2010

There will be breakdowns and there will be breakdowns

(click to biggie size)
Pickle juice? I'm not making this up.

O.G. WAS sick from staying up late to watch The Great Food Truck Race, got leg cramps - she heard that drinking pickle juice cures that (yeah right) - and then promptly vomited. Okay...

And so since I am in the running for Grand-daughter of the Year (and losing) I found out where the Nom Nom truck was going to be via their twitter and hunted them down so that she could try the deliciousness that she had been watching all night on television.

I was a big fan of Nom Nom before the show and I've glad to see they are doing so well!

After a quick hunt near LAX I found that it was a food truck park. Barbie Q's was there, as was Pinkie's, (I've tried both, both are great!) a green truck and a Mediterranean truck, but to my surprise the Ludo Bites truck was also there!!

I've been DYING to try to their fried chicken - since you KNOW I love fried chicken and I love Ludo too!
The line for the fried chicken was a mere 5 min wait and really, who can pass that up.

I bought two chicken balls and ate them while waiting in the insanely long Nom Nom line. The chicken was crisp and flavorful and still really juicy inside. The perfect bite for waiting for MORE food.I finally got to the front of the Nom Nom line and ordered the Special which was one 12" banh mi, one taco and a drink. I got grilled pork and grilled pork, these were for O.G. after all, the Queen of Meat.

I chose to drink the Basil Mint Lemonade which was FANTASTIC. I am a connoisseur of all things lemon and the basil and the mint weren't too overpowering, just the perfect compliment to the lemon. Great on a nice summer day.

I got the goods and took it back home. O.G. liked the banh mi but was so so on the taco. She's doesn't like 'modern' tacos, she prefers her mexican food old skool. But the sandwich - she heartily approved.

It's a good thing I went to get the food by myself, if O.G. knew how long I stood in line she would have been ticked. Now she probably thinks it's a cinch for me to get this food-truck-food to just magically appear on her doorstep. Too bad it didn't come with a side of pickle juice...

follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/justjenndesigns

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I just watched that show for the first time on Sunday. It's awesome that you did that for your OG!

Tell her next time to opt for a banana!

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 9:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Peeved Michelle said...

Next time come to Santa Monica. We have food trucks every day right by my building. I'll meet you out there for lunch.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

A friend of mine is friends with Ludo so I've been hearing all about his delicious eats. Glad you liked them! I love truck food. If you ever come to Seattle, go to Marination. GOOD!

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

You SHOULD win granddaughter of the year! Everything sounds so tasty -- San Diego's food truck scene is just getting off the ground, so I envy LA.

And it looks like OG and my grandma share the same taste in dishware from the '70s (I just washed & dried that same plate the other night)!

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Kirbie said...

Wow, you are so lucky that Ludo was there too! Your OG is so funny. I couldn't stop laughing when I was reading the book I bought from CC.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you try Bale Sandwich while you were in Hawaii? They make those Banh Mi sandwiches daily and they are yummy! Also at the farmers market in Mililani they the pickled carrots and daikon to make your own Banh Mi at home.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 6:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, O.G. is sooo cute. :)
And you're awesome Jenn, happy belated birthday by the way; all the best for you and your family.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 8:03:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@Lorena
UGH. That Corel dishware is UNBREAKABLE. I've tried...

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

I am so jealous! So darn jealous I blogged about being jealous.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home