Sunday, October 17, 2010

Those other brothers can't deny

The Food Librarian is family to me. I know I can always count on her and she can count on me no matter what. But there are two things we will never agree on. Football and cake.

The former, let's just say I bleed Cardinal and Gold and she...does not. But that's nothing compared to the cake debate. She hates frosting. So much so, that when I bake her cupcakes I give them to her UNFROSTED. For shame! I don't need piles of it, but a nice 1/3 ratio of frosting to cake would be nice to me. At all times. I. need. frosting.

So she is in the middle of her 30 bundt cakes in 30 days and while I don't make them often, I felt inspired, mostly by idea of yummy pumpkin cake.

I came up with a recipe for a pumpkin sour cream bundt and then I SLAUGHTERED it. I sliced the bundt in half, and lathered it with the most delicious, not overly sweet maple whipped cream.

Bundt perfection. I also designed some new bundt related cards. I guess I was really bundt inspired, but this is where it ends. I'll leave the rest to the Bundt Queen and call it a day.

Pumpkin Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Maple Whipped Cream recipe, here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

This looks awesome. Can I get mine without the frosting? :) - mary

Monday, October 18, 2010 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Agreed - gotta have frosting. And, my oh my, does that pumpkin bundt look good!

Monday, October 18, 2010 5:52:00 PM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

Oh wow, that looks amazing!

Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home