Sunday, December 19, 2010

Here is the house where it all happens

While the kids are off at school, it's time to sit back, relax and...rummage through all their stuff and throw it away! Whee!

With the holidays and back to back birthdays coming, I need to purge. Out with the old toys to make room for the new. After throwing away FOUR bags of junk, I reorganized things in the house that the kids use on a daily basis.

The Cosplay Station
Yep, my kids dress up. EVERY. DAY. I never have a problem with them getting hats and things because they always put them to use. In the end we have enough for an entire costume shop of masks, shields, swords, hats, outfits and of course lightsabers of every shape and size. On any given day the Baby may be eating breakfast dressed as Darth Vader or Iron Man. You just never know.

The Lego Station
For sure this is alllll the Kid. He will build things from the minute he gets up until bedtime. Yes, we have enough Legos to fill THREE giant drawers (mostly Star Wars), and I didn't buy any of it, you can thank the grandparents for that one.

Let us not forget Uncle Paul's totally awesome HULK infographic, a must for any living room. I suspect our chimney will be stuffed with even more Legos this coming xmas...

The Art Station
This one is my fave of course, because I make sure that the kids do an art project every day. We have a lot of supplies, most of which are left over from my college days.

This is what I call the 'Less than Zero' doll, or Tony Stark to you young'uns:

Every morning I find him a different yoga-type position eyeing me funny. I suspect I'll find a place for him eventually. But for now, I'm done with the organizing. Whew.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

OMG! Can you come over to my house and do that with my kids' toys!
My son loves lego too! Builds all sorts of creations...they're everywhere!

Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, reading your post. Your kids might enjoy this.

Paper art projects + legos = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOJkvXCRAZA&feature=player_embedded

It's from MUJI. Mute it if you want to avoid the CostPlusWorldMusic on the video.

Monday, December 20, 2010 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

Can I come over and play??

I like how Tony Stark is trying to run from the madness.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home