Sunday, June 19, 2011

I love you. I know.

Last year 12 friends and I formed the League of Extraordinary Ladies. The goal was to bring other geek girls together who liked comics, sci fi - all the nerdy things we love. Our motto is 'ordinary women creating extraordinary connections.'

We decided to put together a meetup event, so that other geeky women (and men too) could come together and meet each other and hopefully form new friendships. Saturday night we hosted the event at Meltdown Comics in Hollywood and it was a huge success!

So many people came out, braved the traffic, drove for hours, Grant Imahara even flew in! Aw, that's love. All this just to show their support. It was truly heartwarming.

We had great sponsors, Archaia and ScienceFiction.com - who stepped up and made the event even better.

There were tons of giveaways: amazing graphic novels from Archaia, Think Geek and Comikaze Expo gift certificates, collectibles from QMx and even things from our own talented League.Link


I made a bunch of cupcakes for the evening, cookie cupcakes, red velvet, even cupcakes with the LxL logo (how-to, here).

The most popular cupcakes were the Princess Leia cupcakes (recipe, here)! After all, she is the ultimate geek girl and delicious as chocolate ganache.

Over 200 rsvp'ed on facebook, you never know what that means but in this case people totally showed up, in full force!

It was a fantastic night of great friends old and new and I hope that everyone's geeky friendships continue on. Now onto Comic Con!**

**I'll be in Small Press at SDCC again this year, table N10. Stop by. I'll have cookies.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Ha! I spotted myself and Paul at the cupcake table!

Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm glad I made it, but being sort of geeky, I really only talked to people I already know, which defeats the purpose. Oh well. I had fun...maybe next time I'll be more adventurous!

Monday, June 20, 2011 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger maryclev said...

I totally would have gone (If I had known about it), but my husband and I had a date with the Green Lantern movie.

But, now that I've joined the FB group thingy, I'll be at the next get together (as long as it's in my neck of the woods, Los Angeles)

WV: batillyr-the debutant ball for boys who will become The Batman.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home