Sunday, November 27, 2011

The set up

When the Kid learns something he really takes it to heart. In school they taught him how to properly set a table. Awesome! I never learned that in school and I still struggle to remember which side the fork goes on.

He brought his template home and he was excited to show me how to use it on Thanksgiving. I happily employed child labor let him set the table for the holiday!

Napkins, plates. Spoon and knife on the right. Fork on the left. Cup on the upper right.

In the end we had a beautifully set table. The Kid even taught his brother how to eat with a knife and fork. Yay for manners!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for The Kid! The Teacher is not only proud of the fact that he was listening, but that he also took it further and transferred his knowledge at home! I love how he taught The Baby, too!

Sunday, November 27, 2011 5:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! What a smart lil' guy :). p.s. I teach my students to remember that fork and left both have 4 letters, and spoon, knife, and right have five letters so they can remember which side they go on!

Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Kathryn said...

Cute! I remember doing the paste up place setting in school. But I gotta say, I have never ever seen the spoon to the left of the knife.

Monday, November 28, 2011 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

Love this! But....The spoon and the knife are in the wrong place!! You eat from the outside, in. The knife should be closest to the plate and the spoon should be on the outside, particularly if it is a soup spoon. If it is a dessert spoon, it should not be set yet or it goes above the plate. Don't they teach your kids fine dining in school????


xoxo,
TDR

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home