Friday, December 30, 2011

Turkey for me, turkey for you, let's eat the turkey, in my big brown shoe

Oh, the power of social media. When I posted about the Baby's turkey birthday cake, I thought it was hilariously hideous but I didn't expect it to go viral!

Baskin Robbins picked up on it via twitter and contacted me. I told them it was fine - ugly, but fine. While my family was horrified they sure weren't horrified enough to stop eating it. In any case Baskin Robbins were very apologetic and sent me a refund for the cake!

Our family eats a TON of ice cream on the regular as well as getting an ice cream cake for every occasion so yes, we will definitely be going for it again - just...maybe not the turkey this time.

Big thanks to Baskin Robbins!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of you the other day, because I was in BR ordering a holiday cake. In the book, they showed two turkey cakes--the one you were hoping for (which looks to be covered in caramel) and this one exactly! Made me giggle. Glad they took care of you!

Friday, December 30, 2011 3:08:00 PM  
Anonymous georgi said...

I don't know about the turkey, but the donut cupcakes look great...have a Happy 2012!

Friday, December 30, 2011 8:22:00 PM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

That's awesome! Way to go Baskin Robbins. :)

Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home