Monday, January 16, 2012

Ferris: The place is like a museum. It's very beautiful and very cold, and you're not allowed to touch anything.

I love collecting colorful, quirky art that has a great sense of whimsy. I have a lot of talented friends and artists that I love and I always like to support them by buying their prints.

But where to hang them all? In my bathroom art gallery of course!
A lot of artists have online stores and Comic cons and indie galleries are also great places to find amazing art.

Steamcrow has adorable monster/steampunk themed pieces, Cakespy has cupcake art (!), Ben Walker draws bears with guns (what more could you want), Serpethes little girl walking a giant octopus is one of my faves.
Mike Maihack draws a comic called Cleopatra in Space and you won't find a more gorgeous view of outer space. His art prints are beautiful and affordable. They run the nerd gamut from comics to faeries!

He also drew my favorite piece - Wolverine at a Tea Party! Speaking of - I have a whole wall just dedicated to Wolverine art. Yes, I love Wolverine that much.
So far my Wolverine fan wall features Mike Maihack as well as the talented Jason Ho who took on an amazing task of drawing commissioned art to support Help the Cheerleader. I've also recently fallen in love with JSalvador's Super Emo Friends. Superheroes and Star Wars all inexplicably sad. So sad and so adorable.

I love my mini art gallery and I'm always on the lookout for more great pieces!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

such a great collection. now i've got a starting place when/if we find a place to fill with art.

Monday, January 16, 2012 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

love the idea of a bathroom gallery! i always see lots of little prints online that i love but always thought what would i do with all those little things?

Monday, January 16, 2012 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

Another thing we have in common. I also have a bathroom art gallery. More specifically it's my master bath toilet room gallery of Indie art. It's a great place to sit for a while and admire work done by friends and other talented artists. Even my husband likes it because I got him some art pertaining to his love of beer, cycling and peeing standing up. lol

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:25:00 AM  
Blogger ACK said...

That's such a cute idea! Who does the one in second row with what appears to be an owl on someone's head?
Love your site!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home