Monday, February 06, 2012

She's crafty

When we go to birthday parties I like to buy gifts for kids that they can use. Clothes they'll outgrow. Toys - who knows what they like? But art supplies you can always use for fun and school work. I like to make them special by personalizing them.

I go to the store and pick up small things that can be used in various projects like beads, glue, colored pencils...

Then I take off the original packaging and put them into new plastic bags.

I print out labels with the kid's name on them...

and then cut them out and staple them to the bags like new.

Then I put it all in a little pencil box. It's like having your own personal art supply store! It's a nice way to personalize a gift and encourage the kids to get creative!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger caninecologne said...

I like how the gifts are personalized. when my daughter was younger, i used to buy office supply stuff (those circular hole reinforcements, fluorescent price stickers, highlighters, colored tape), sometimes i would give it as gifts to her friends since they enjoyed being creative with those items at our house.

Monday, February 06, 2012 5:41:00 PM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

You are awesomeness.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 3:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like you read my mind. The "Diva" is having a craft themed party this year. PERFECT Party favor!!!!

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 3:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

Ooooooh! Awesome!

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 5:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home